Monday, May 12, 2014

I'm back!!!

Hello Family!

It's been such a loooonnnng time since my last post. So much has happened.

My sweet grandmother passed away on New Year's Eve. I accepted a new work position and relocated. My big boy celebrated another birthday. You know, the more things change, the more they remain the same.  I am so grateful for God's unfailing, steadfast love and care.

I have so much to show you, so let's dig right in!

In honor of Teacher's Appreciation Week, I made some cards and treats for my son's/nephew's teachers. Here is a sample of some of their gifts:




This card went out to my baby son's teacher, "Mrs. L.". Along with the card, I sent what I call a "Teacher's Survival Kit" along with a scented candle. The Survival Packs had a pack of facial tissue, hand sanitizer, hand lotion, some mini candy bars and peppermint lifesavers.
To learn how to make your own treat bags, check out this blog post by Jennifer McGuire http://youtu.be/yPct91jdYfU . Her vlogs are bursting with creativity and new techniques.
Check her out!

Products Used:
PaperTrey Ink White Cardstock
PaperTrey Ink Sweet Blush Cardstock
PaperTrey Ink Sweet Blush Ink
Hero Arts Background Stamp
Plastic  Storage Bags



Here's how everything looked altogether...




Here is the teacher's gift for my big boy's teacher, "Mrs. S.".



Products Used:
PaperTrey Ink White Cardstock
PaperTrey Ink Sweet Blush Cardstock
PaperTrey Ink Sweet Blush Ink
Hero Arts Background Stamp
Assorted pearl embellishments


Here is the "Teacher's Survival Pack" and scented candle that went to "Mrs. S.".







Here are all of the "Survival Packs" that went out to all of the teachers:






I love Teachers! To all of the Teachers - from Pre-School to Graduate School, thank you for all that you do!




Here's a card that would be nice to give to a spouse, or friend to show appreciation and thanks. The sender can write on the blanks what the recipient is entitled to (i.e. dinner date, massage, pedicure, etc...). This card does not yet have a recipient.






Products Used:
PaperTrey Ink Vintage Cream Cardstock
PaperTrey Ink Aqua Mist Cardstock
LifeStyle Crafts Embossing Folder
Big Shot Die Cut Machine
Silhouette DS Die Cut Machine
Silhouette Online Store Bow Cut File
Assorted Pearl Embellishments




I'm exploring a couple of things that are really fun right now. Here is a card made with a stencil and Tim Holtz Distress Inks. This card goes out to my dear friend,"LS". I love you girl and I think you're AWESOME!





Products Used:
PaperTrey Ink White Cardstock
Assorted Tim Holts Mini Distress Inks
PaperTrey Ink Clear Stamp
Heidi Swapp Spray Stencil
Painter's Tape


One of the other products that I am exploring is Watercolors!  This card is made with watercolor paint and watercolor paper. A simple sentiment is embossed on the top. It is so bright and cheerful! This card goes out to "MC". I am so thankful to know you. Blessings!





Products Used:
Canson Watercolor Paper
Simply Watercolour Ink
Versamark Watercolor Ink
Recollections Champagne Embossing Powder
PaperTrey Ink Smokey Shadow Cardstock



Here's another card using watercolor paint and paper. The sentiment is embossed on the top. So bright and fun! This card goes out to a surprise recipient. I hope this surprise in your mailbox brings a smile to your face and heart this week. Blessings!





Products Used:
Canson Watercolor Paper
Simply Watercolour Ink
Versamark Watercolor Ink
Recollections Champagne Embossing Powder
PaperTrey Ink White Cardstock


That's all for now. Remember, this is an encouragement ministry. If you would like to send a card to someone, please inbox me your information.










No comments:

Post a Comment